July 28, 2008

Unknowing

No matter how hard you try...you can not unknow something. Or for that fact unknow someone. You can disassociate yourself with them, but you still have a history with that person. Sometimes that history will haunt you forever...ask most divorced people.

Over the years I have been unfortunate to gain knowledge of things I didn't want to know. Usually, these are personal things. I'm not sure why people want to share these things...maybe it lessens their burden. I can guess why they chose me to share with...I keep a confidence. I do not tell tales, especially if it isn't my story to tell. I often feel this way even when I've not been sworn to silence.

There was one time...it involved an attorney, and the possibility of a judge and an oath to tell the truth, the whole truth...

If I'd liked the girl, I may have kept her secret a little longer.

No comments: