July 16, 2008

Make mine an adventure

I have never read Alice in Wonderland...an oversight that I vow one day to correct. I have always wondered what Alice must have thought as she found herself in such a fantastical place. I often find that I feel like I have tumbled down the rabbit hole into some strange and bizarre place. I am lacking a Mad Hatter and caterpillars do not speak to me, but I am fortunate enough to have populated my life with more than my share of peculiar characters...and I do have one that rushes around declaring we're going to be late. I relish the bizarre and unusual and can't for the life of me figure out why so many people want to be, act, dress just like everybody else. People come to me asking for stories of my adventures and I wonder why they don't go on one of their own.

No comments: