July 14, 2008

Bad feelings and blue lights

I sometime get bad feelings...and sometimes I'm right that something is wrong, often enough to make me a little nervous. Now that I think about it, why don't I ever get good feelings? I mean sometimes I get overly happy for no apparent reason...but that's just the manic phase, and it passes. Totally different thing.

So this morning I wake up with a song stuck in my head. Not so unusual to have a song in my head on repeat, but not usually in the morning before I've even had the music on. I kept hearing the chorus of a Creed song...I'm six feet from the edge and I'm thinking, maybe six feet, ain't so far down. For some bizarre reason this morning the six feet part kept making me think of death. Bad feeling first thing in the morning.

Bad feeling this afternoon...looking in the rear view to see red and blues coming up on your bumper. Worse feeling, the speedometer is 10 over. Pulling to the shoulder and having the cop pass you...priceless.

As the unmarked Dodge passed it made me wonder how much the county makes in revenue from speeding tickets. I mean what other reason is there to have unmarked cars doing traffic stops? (He had someone pulled over when I passed him again). If the real purpose is to enforce the speed limit, wouldn't marked cars make more sense? Everybody slows down when they see one. So why are the unmarked cars out there? The low profile light bars are making it harder to spot even marked police cars on the road. Why all the subterfuge?

No comments: