July 14, 2008

Living backwards

I think I'm living life backwards. I had way too many responsibilities as a kid...I raised my parents. I was doing the cooking, laundry and yard work by the time I was 11 or 12. They worked all day, then napped on the couch/chair until bed time. I got married at 18. Bought a house at 19. Had babies at 22 and 25. I started college at 30, my career 5 years later. Now I'm 45, woops...46, forgot about that last birthday. Jeez how could I forget Ninjas? Must just be denial. Anyway...I have more fun than I ever did before. I'm more likely to play, be sporadic..or spontaneous, I think that's what I meant, but I'm likely to be sporadic too. I know all about responsibility, and I have my share, but that doesn't mean I can't have fun too. Too many people get tired...or forget what it's like. When was the last time you built a sandcastle? OK, I'll admit that one has been a while, Ohio River sand doesn't pack very well. What about rolling in the floor and laughing until you cry? Finger painting? Built a fort? Had a snowball fight?...ice don't count. Bounced in an inflatable castle? Filled a room with helium balloons? Food fight? I recommend that one only as an outdoor activity...jello is good at close range. Toga? Or for that fact dressed in anything remotely resembling a costume...outside of the bedroom? Life should be an experienced...live it.

No comments: