July 08, 2008

Habits

Ever stopped and thought about something you just did that was totally stupid?

Today I opened the bread, there were three slices left. I took one to make a peanut butter sandwich for my dog...no that's not the stupid thing...you have to get the pill in him somehow. Anyway, the bread was a little past prime and I had a fresh new loaf on the counter. So I pitched the old bread in the garbage, but before I did...and here's the stupid part, I twisted the close tie to shut the bag. Why? I was throwing the bread in the garbage.

Another one that I've realized, is opening the eggs at the grocery. Do you open the carton to find half the eggs smashed? Do you reseal the carton before placing it back in the case? Why? Now the next person comes along and does the same thing. If only one egg is cracked in two cartons, why not switch an egg around instead of opening carton three, four and five. It was an especially bad day for eggs apparently.

I know there are others I've got myself doing...hey, I'm not going to admit to everything. I'm just trying to become more aware, so I don't get caught at it as often.

No comments: