July 06, 2008

Respect

Why do people have so much trouble practicing respect?

When you open your car doors, don't hit the car next to yours. It may be a piece of junk, but it belongs to somebody. That is respect.

Don't let your kids play in my yard unless they've been invited. That is respect.

Keep your animals at your house/yard. That is respect.

Keep your appointments and be timely. Time is valuable to other people also. That is respect.

Be mindful of your surroundings. I don't want to hear your personal phone conversations. At the movies, I don't want to hear you at all. That is respect.

Prioritize your company. Whether a business or personal, why is the person on the phone more important than the person standing in front of you? That is respect.

I don't care what you do for a living. If you are the janitor or the CEO, I will treat you the same. That is respect.

I don't care about your race, religion, political affiliations or anything else...if you treat me with respect, I will treat you in kind. You don't have to do anymore than be polite

No comments: