May 12, 2010

Mexico...what day is this?



I have to stop and try to count. Day 4, Wednesday...I think. One day flows over to another. No time. No dates.  I have done more nothing than I think I ever have without being sick. Pool, beach, food, drink, sleep. I am sleeping a little later each day. The beds here are marvelous, soft yet firm, made up with crisp white linens and fluffy comforter. I wish I could duplicate it at home.












I find my happy place. I love the hammock on the balcony. I swing back and forth listening to the sound of the waterfall. I wake to a sound...not realizing that I was even falling asleep. It's not even 11 AM and I'm napping. I keep telling myself that I should be bored, but I'm not. I don't understand. This so unlike me.

Sometime between 1 and 2, it seems we always run for the glorious air conditioning of our room. Few spaces here are truly cooled. I envy the ability to have so many open spaces...but it does get hot.


You do this because everything you're wearing is wet, your drunk and you need a nap or just because the room is way cooler than anyplace else. You strip off your damp to drenched clothing, jump in a cool shower and sprawl across the bed under the ceiling fan. This is where I pretty much remain until sometime around 3.

There was a medical emergency in the lobby today. It was nice to see the fast response of the hotel staff. I don't know what happened, as I know better than to crowd around...unlike a lot of other people apparently. At least two people were involved. He was taken off in a wheelchair, she was loaded into an ambulance.

We have taken laziness to an all time high. Surrounded by gourmet food, we ordered hamburgers and fries from room service...but there was cheesecake. Just to prove my level of inactivity, I came in from the pool (trying to even out my sunburn) at 4:30 and haven't been further than the balcony. All this air conditioning, and possibly a little bit of sunburn, leads to a case of the chills this evening. What a great reason for filling up the jacuzzi tub and lighting candles.

No comments: