May 17, 2010

Mexico...the end.

We got home on time, with luggage. A nice change from last year. We even had car keys. Our flight from Chicago to Louisville was in the smallest plane I've ever been on...3 seats across.

Speaking of three...our room was on the 3rd floor of a building without an elevator. I don't know if I mentioned that. Maybe I worked off a few calories. Too much good food, too easily obtainable. But if you have a salt habit, as I do, you're in trouble. Apparently, they haven't heard of Morton salt...nothing flows from the salt shakers.

There were things about the hotel that weren't as good as last year. There were things that were better. The loud wedding reception Sunday put a big damper on my mood. I questioned if things were really off or if my expectations were too high. Having been there 14 months ago, things were not all new to me.

I still hope to go back. I have a few more adventures I want to accomplish that were not available to me this year.

No comments: