May 14, 2010

Mexico Day 6

I've had 3 showers since yesterdays tour of the beach and I still feel like I have sand on me. Just a little more grit for the exfoliation. Appointment at 10. Yay!


How amazing. Full body exfoliation then moisturizer. She massaged my ears. That was new, but enjoyable. 45 minutes of wonderful. Purchasing a service at the spa allows you to use the facility for the day. After my treatment, I wondered about. I puzzled over the steam room and sauna...it's 90 degrees outside and plenty steamy. There are two hot tubs and two cold plunge pools...again something I'm not finding terribly inviting. But outside, there is a rain head shower in a little courtyard with a chaise lounge. I stand outside under cool running water and wash my hair.


The room was cleaned when we got back...lesson learned?


There is not enough time in the day. Breakfast, then a couple of drinks, you don't think about lunch. Then it's 2:30 so you try to eat a light lunch to make it until dinner. But everything is so good. There are certain things...fruits, vegetables, salsa, guacamole. Seafood is also pretty good, despite the sometimes odd preparation of it. One shrimp equated to 2 pieces of meat 5 inches long. I also tried octopus today. There is never room for dessert.


It was very, very hot today with not as much wind. Some clouds came rolling through but just kept going.




We have no idea what is happening in the world. It is such a weird disconnected feeling. Without internet or US news we are out of touch. Funny, they get a Korean and Italian channel.


There was a tequila tasting this evening. The sommelier taught the difference between tequila and mescal and the different varieties; blanco, reposado and anejo. Things I already knew. He gave samples of the first two, to demonstrate the difference aging makes, but he did not pour shots of the anejo. It can be very expensive and he had some pricey bottles. The one thing he taught me was how to sip tequila, you don't shoot the good stuff and he says you should only drink the good stuff.


Steve got pulled up on the stage by the entertainment committee tonight. He blames me. He said the only reason they picked him is because he was sitting with me. Just because Rosario winks and smiles every time she sees me, this is my fault? Wouldn't you know, I didn't have my camera.  


Another late night walking on the beach...and still no moon. There are probably a half dozen locals that have a new appreciation for the moon. They swear there is one.

No comments: