May 10, 2010

Mexico Day 2



Last night there was a wedding reception on the lawn, that green area, three stories down, between my room and the pool. It was sooooo loud!!! Even with the doors closed, the sound was overwhelming. And yet we slept. Getting up at an unreasonable hour and traveling thousands of miles will do that to you.


As I discovered last year, I was woke just after dawn, by what I have come to call the "alarm birds". On our first trip to Mexico, I thought a fire alarm was going off. They make a variety of noises, all of them loud.


I am not wearing a watch. I don't have my cell phone. The only clock I've seen in the entire place is the bedside alarm clock. This is not a place to track time. You eat when hungry. Sleep when tired. Drink when thirsty...but imagine my surprise when I ordered a drink and was told the bar was not open yet. They opened at 10AM. Hey, I'm on vacation...it's 5 o'clock everywhere. I later discovered the Lobby Bar opened at 9...just in case.



I drank my 3rd, 4th and 5th drink with lunch. It's hot out here, you have to stay hydrated. You have to appreciate lunch with a view. You just don't get this at home.





Shortly after lunch, it was nap time. It's the heat...I swear.





Later we sat out at the pool...even later we discovered Steve is capable of getting sunburned. They remind you, that you are a 1000 miles closer to the equator than anyplace in the states. Thanks to a friend, I had a bottle of aloe gel.





At the end of the day, the drink count was 8.

No comments: