November 01, 2009

Catching up

It has been brought to my attention, even though I had noted myself, that I was not writing. It's been about 6 weeks. I usually enjoy writing and consider it self therapy...so the last 6 weeks have been wonderful? Not exactly. I can't really say why I haven't written. Work has sucked and I prefer not to write about the negative. I have been distracted my new shineys...and Fall weather...and friends. Life outside of work is good.


So what's happening?


Well it's November. Happy All Saint's Day. How the hell did it get to be November all ready? Thanksgiving in 3 weeks, Christmas next month!!! Whoa, I'm not ready for any of this. Can we go back to the beginning of September and start over?


Daylight Savings Time ended last night...fall back. What a load of crap! Does this really benefit anyone anymore, or is it just to annoy people like me with little internal alarm clocks? Let's change the time by half a hour then leave it freaking alone.


Last month Kentucky put on a big campaign about October being, "Walk to school month." Did anyone else see the irony in this? They're encouraging kids to walk to school for exercise and the benefits for the environment, but they bus the kids all over BFE, therefore few kids actually live close to the school they attend. Plus I'm pretty sure all those school buses criss-crossing the county are just excellent for the air we breathe. So here is my suggestion...have the buses drop the kids a block or two from school in the morning and a block or three from home in the afternoon. BLAM...kids getting exercise! Of course, I'm sure some parents and maybe a few school board members might raise a ruckus about safety and liability. Hey, if the kid is big enough to get bused across the county, sometimes even making bus changes, surely they can walk a couple of blocks unsupervised. I mean all the neighborhoods are safe, right? I mean, pedophiles can't live near schools or anything. Or maybe we could use the money we spend in gas to upgrade the schools so that all kids get a decent education...and maybe have a gym teacher. Who would have thought it?


Jeez, I feel better. That's my 2 cents for the day. Take it or leave it.

No comments: