November 15, 2009

Bad Movie Night

We sat down tonight with a stack of unwatched DVDs and picked two. The first, "The Happening" a M. Night Shyamalan movie. I have to admit that I sat down expecting to be confused at the end of the film. That has been my experience with his movies. The bases of the movie always looks interesting and I am drawn in, only to find myself wondering what it was about when it's over. I don't think I could possibly explain it better than my husband, when he said, "I could have done so many other things with 2 hours of my life."

As the second movie slid into the player I had even greater doubts. I had watched "Twilight" in theaters...with less than an enthusiastic response. But I had not read the book...which I am embarrassed to admit, I read through at a ravenous pace. Anyway, after reading the book, I wanted to see the movie again. I thought I might understand it more. I will say, that for the first time ever, I enjoyed a movie more because of the book...knowing what was going on made it easier to watch.

Now my husband can fret about losing 4 hours of his life.

No comments: