May 22, 2012

Self bartering

I have been overanxious the last few days. The subject of my anxiety seems to be a vacation that is being planned enough in the future that it should be on a back burner. That is why I do not think that is the real issue. I think I'm becoming anxious over something that does not need to be considered, rather than worrying about the more immediate threat. Though technically, both occurrences are set to happen within a weeks time frame. Not a week now, but a week far in the future. Wow, as I say that I wonder if I can manage both things that closely together? I have no control over the timing of one, but a little over the other. And as I have no control over the one that I think my psyche is trying to protect me from, I wonder what good it will do me to fret about it? Wait, I do have control. I don't have to float along the stream if I feel my destination is the open maw of a beast ready to devour me.

OK, a bit over dramatic. I don't like feeling anxious and I am surrounded by it at work right now. So many people, so unsure...and no answers to allay their fears. The unknown is always the worst fear. I absorb their emotions like water to a sponge.

No comments: