May 17, 2012

Change

I have a lot of thoughts on change. I may have even shared a few. I am becoming an unintentional expert. I left my job of 14 years, because, well...it was killing me. The stress level had become unbearable. I cleaned out my desk, and with some trepidation, but a light heart, I moved on. Five months after starting the new job, I was transferred to another location. Desk number 2 cleaned out. This time, the change was not my choosing...but it felt like a good move. A few months after the transfer, I found out I was losing my job due to downsizing. I found a job with my former employer, cleaned out my desk, and looked forward to a bright future. I have spent the last seven weeks in orientation...feeling inadequate. I am not used to not knowing what I am doing. Today, I find out the parent company of my employer has "partnered" with a company that specializes in what I do...what I am learning to do. Well, technically, they specialize in finances...I am but a tiny cog in that wheel. So in January, I will be employed by that new company. The good news...I still have a job. I will work at the same place, with the same people, with the same boss and the same pay. I will, according to the new company's website, get nine paid holidays as opposed to the six I get now. There were not a lot of details...more to come. My greatest fear: they will change the rules; make us work set hours, make us work weekends. I am sure there are worse things...but I refuse to go there. My sanity isn't that strong. At least I don't have to clean out my desk...yet.

No comments: