March 12, 2012

More words...true words

I saw this quote and realized how very true it is.

"The reason people find it so hard to be happy is that they always see the past better than it was, the present worse than it is, and the future less resolved than it will be."

I seem to know a lot of people currently whose futures are feeling less resolved...including my own. Don't even get me started on people and their glory days. If high school, or college even, was the best you got...I'm sorry. Okay, I should say that and you are, I don't know, five, six, seven, years beyond that time in your life. Get over it, it's unlikely you were really that spectacular. The present is all we have any chance of controlling, and that is a slippery slope. Try your best. Keep your eyes open, feet on the ground and reach for the stars. Take every experience as a lesson. Make the best of what you have. And polish, polish, polish that silver lining...sometimes it's all you got to hold on to, but it's a place to start.

No comments: