June 04, 2011

Oasis

I realize I have created myself a refuge in my bedroom. An oasis away from the daily bump and grind. I have just about all the senses covered.

Sight: My east facing windows are shuttered with heavy dark wood. Even on the brightest of mornings there is but a sliver of light to allow me to know if it is daylight yet. The alarm clocks digits are red and set to dim. There is no other light source in the room.

Sound: I have a white noise machine. It helps drown out intrusive sound from the other occupants of the house.

Taste: Not much I can do with this one while sleeping. But there is a bottle of water and crackers at bedside.

Smell: I have several sources of scent available to me. There is the plug in air freshener and the linen spray, both in lavender...a scent supposedly for relaxation and sleep. I also have an electric tart warmer. (That sounds kind of kinky after my previous bump and grind comment).

Feel/tactile: I have flannel sheets on my bed. A personal preference. I have high thread count, sateen cotton pillow cases on two pillows and a velour  type case on the body pillows...yes, I have lots of pillows, in various lengths and firmness. My blanket is as soft as a kitten.

All of this contributes to a place I enjoy going to at the end of the day.

No comments: