June 21, 2011

In the company of friends?

I am happy to admit that I am...weird. But not as weird as some people seem to think. And what makes me weird to me, isn't what I do, but how I think. Other people judge me more on my choice of entertainment. And that is all subjective. Some people find Renn Faires to be odd, yet hundreds are attended every year. Larping seems to be the hardest to explain, yet, again, in my circle of friends, it is not uncommon. Dressing in costumes and going to movies is bizarre to some, but we have a blast. I try really hard not to concern myself with other's opinions (see quoted passage in previous post) but sometimes it's hard not to. Today, I got a nice surprise. I've been at the new job just over a week. I had not shared my weekend adventure into the land of flying Jell-O. It seemed a little too soon to fry the minds at the new office. Well I got outed. I friend from the old job asked how it went. I said it went well and without serious injury. This was overheard by one of the new people and she said that it sounded like a riot and wished for pictures. So I showed her a few on my phone. She then mentioned it to some other people in the office. Long story, short...they suggested a Jell-O tossing themed office party. It did not strike them weird at all. Strange. Very strange.

No comments: