December 01, 2013

My black Friday...weekend.

The break down:

Chosen camera, regular price $280
On sale for $199, bought at Best Buy with free case and memory card ($23 value).
Savings $103.

Mattress topper, regular price $199
On sale for $99
20% internet coupon, $79
Savings $120
But wait, found it cheaper $70, price matched with 20% discount. $56
Savings $143

Amount spent (before taxes) $255
Amount saved $246

Quarterly bonus from work and cash back from my credit card, $198. So $57 out of pocket. I have a price match guarantee on the camera, so I will be watching it over the next month. It took a lot of time, but shopping the internet has it's advantages. Most of my time was reading reviews and educating myself on the technical terms used with the camera, so that I could compare apples, or more appropriately, apertures with apertures. Then comparing prices, option, etc. mostly while still in my pajamas. I am a happy shopper.

No comments: