December 31, 2013

New Year...yet again

I am not big on New Year as a holiday. My life no more starts anew January 1, than it did at the beginning of any other month. The calendar has been hanging up for six weeks, or so. It's a nice day off from work. I guess I have, from time to time, used the holiday as a time to review, mostly here, when I am feeling sentimental. Though I make no resolutions of change. What I want to change in my life, today, is no different than it has been the rest of this year.

I am not feeling especially nostalgic this year...but I'll try.

2013 started out a little bumpy with a new, and unexpected, job...or, at least, a new company. A year in, and I can say it has been some good, some uncertainty, but nothing horrible. I guess that sums up the year...some good, some uncertainty, but nothing horrible. There have been some horrible years when way too many tears have been shed...so I won't complain. I went to Mexico, for the fifth year; this time with a large group. My second grandchild was born...a baby girl. I'm certain there are important events I'm forgetting. Otherwise, I guess it's been kind of an uneventful year, all in all. Uneventful isn't always bad.

I consider myself lucky. I have a birthday quickly approaching...52. I am not ashamed of my age, though sometimes I feel it and I'm starting to see it in the mirror. I have a good husband, soon to celebrate another anniversary. I have a roof over my head and food in my belly. I have a safe, warm, dry place to sleep. I have two adult sons that seem to be doing okay. I have a plethora of friends that help me laugh. As long as I laugh, life is good.


Do I have hopes for next year? I wish my husband good health. I wish my children happiness and security. I wish my home safe, happy and peaceful. I wish my job would feel solid and secure. I wish my friends happiness, so that they can laugh. I wish to sit hear a year from now and not be able to recall anything terrible about 2014 and say, it's not been a bad year.

Happy New Year

No comments: