July 08, 2011

A mile in big shoes

We've all heard the quote,


Don't judge a man until you walked a mile in his shoes.



We'll I have a new one for you...


Don't judge a job until you've sat a day at that desk.


I started a new job. It's not a dream job. It does not make me blissfully happy...but I am happier than I was. And much, MUCH, less stressed. I have a variety of tasks that fall into my shuffle of things to do, many of which, are meant to be helpful...to take a task off the plate of someone that has much more to do. This gathering of info, putting it into logical order, discerning it's implications, deciding the course of action and setting it into motion and writing it all down...is disconcerting. I have new respect for the person that normally does this. I do it a couple of times a day, they do it many times a day.

No comments: