September 16, 2010

Beware an annoyed, sleep deprived, Momma

I was awoke this morning, at 4AM, by my son raiding the kitchen cabinets. I'd already had a rough night getting to sleep, and now I had to do it all over again...just to get up in a hour and a half.

As I related this story to a co-worker, I pointed out that he was over 18, so beating him with a stick technically would not be child abuse. She suggested domestic violence. Nope, I replied, he doesn't live with me. She laughs. Well, you can't just beat your son, she quips. There would be some law...

So I explain, I'm woke in the middle of the night by someone rummaging through my home. I'm in a medication induced haze, therefore confused. No court in the country would convict me for protecting myself, home and family.

Her reply...your son should be scared.

No comments: