June 28, 2010

What not to wear

First, and foremost, I am no fashion expert. I dress plain and simple...and usually dark. Clothing styles seem too young or too old for my taste. I have a much longer list of things I won't wear than what will find it's way into my closet. But this is more about the crazy stuff that drives me insane.

Animals are not fashion accessories. I hate to see someone walking around with a pet slung across an arm like a furry handbag. Personally, I think this is a form of animal cruelty.

Undergarments are meant to go under clothing...and usually aren't meant to be seen. I'm no prude, and under the right circumstance, I'm fine with a sexy outfit. There is a big difference between sexy and tacky. My biggest pet peeve in this category would be printed or colored underwear under white pants/skirts.

Next, and last, at least for this entry...shoes, or more accurately sandals. Just because you buy a size 7, doesn't mean you wear a size 7 if your foot is hanging over the edges. Are you really that hung up on your shoe size?

No comments: