March 11, 2010

Random thoughts from recent memories

This may come as a surprise to some...but I really don't care who Tiger slept with. I do not see any point in his name making the news, even tabloid TV, every night. It's his business. Just because he plays golf and became a celebrity does not mean that the media should constantly pry into his life. Inquiring minds don't give a damn, they have better things to wonder about.

I had one of those odd occurrences today...made even more odd by the fact that I wasn't alone. I saw a "ghost".  Three us us were standing in a hall, at work, talking. I saw someone approaching in my peripheral vision. I stepped forward to allow the person to pass. I looked over my shoulder to make sure there was enough space, and nobody was there. I must have looked confused. One of the people I was standing with looked at me, and said, "I saw it too." I saw a dark shape approaching, he saw a light passing behind me. Bizarre.

I recently heard a doctor giving excellent advice. He was on the phone and was telling someone to make an appointment. Apparently, he was asked if the patient should go to the emergency room. He answered, "Absolutely not! They can make an appointment.Tell them they have not had an MI and they are not suffering from sudden cardiac death." He is my hero of the week.


I almost discovered, in a painful way, the consequences of checking Facebook by phone when using the bathroom...I am a multi-tasker. My phone slipped from my hands. Straight down, as gravity is predictable. I clenched. It is fortunate, I guess, that I do not have skinny little bird legs. I think I captured it by 1/2 an inch. Phone saved, disaster averted, bank account happy.


I enjoy music. Recently I have not been so happy with my choices of CDs. They seem to drone on, one song after another, slipping from one song to the next without much to set them apart or there is one song I really like, only to discover that nothing on the CD is even similar. Now I know it sounds like I just complained about opposite things...but I want the music to be similar in attitude while exploring new territory. Make sense? Anyway, driving to work, I was listening to my latest acquisition and really enjoying it when the thought occurred to me that my laptop at work had a CD drive...why didn't I ever listen to music, at a significantly muted volume, at work? A few songs later I was remind why...most of my CDs have parental warning labels. I never buy edited CDs...ever.


My husband made a comment the other day that I loved. He said that he knew it wouldn't do him any good to tell me what to do or what to wear. If he was uncomfortable, he'd just have to walk a few steps further behind.  He no longer frets about what people think when I am "all dressed up"...most people would call it a costume. He just....distances himself.  And stands back and laughs most of the time. I know it sounds horrible but you'd have to understand...it's a good thing. And people wonder how we've stayed married for so long.


A went for an ultrasound (US) of my ovary recently. Somebody forgot to send me the memo that an US of your ovary is done internally...that would be transvaginally in medical speak. The poor US tech was male, being a professional I doubt he was uncomfortable with the situation...in the beginning. I am sure about the time I asked if this counted as a "nooner" he was ready to crawl under the floor tiles. I razed him through the entire procedure...that would be sexually harassed  in legal speak. Though I will have to say, afterwards, the female attendant said that was the first time she'd ever seen him laugh, apparently he is normally pretty serious.

No comments: