January 23, 2010

Let the games begin

Tonight my friends celebrate my birthday (it was the 6th, but schedules didn't align until today). This will be the 3rd year. This is no ordinary party. This is an adventure. The only thing I know about tonight, is well, it's tonight. I am starting to feel anxious in that giddy kind of way. Just about anything is possible...anything. The first year I was kidnapped, literally, by ninjas from in front of a very crowded restaurant. This has kind of set the tone. And has left me ever so slightly paranoid around my birthday. I walk down the street and hope people don't notice me glancing over my shoulder, then giggling when I catch myself. I find myself tonight jumping at every little sound...trying not to be too off guard, I suppose. Don't get me wrong, I love the excitement and suspense. Let the games begin. I love my friends.

No comments: