January 27, 2010

Hands

Have you ever really looked at someone's hands? I think they have the potential to tell you a lot about a person. My Dad was a mechanic, and no matter how much he scrubbed, his hands had his job all over them. They always seems to have just a touch of black motor grease. Callouses tell of hard labor, either at work or play...not all labor is bad. I hate to see someone with dirty nails...or broken ones. And I spend a good deal of time in need of repair, as mine are soft and brittle. I dislike seeing chipped polish and therefore do not polish my fingernails. It is just more upkeep than I am comfortable with. I used to think that long fingernails, I mean really long nails, were a sign that someone did not do serious work. I have been proven wrong. Just because I can barely feed myself with them doesn't mean others share my lack of dexterity. What does a manicure say to you about a person? What if that person is indeed a man? Does it speak of his ego, profession or grooming habits? Come now, I don't have all the answers. And lastly and mostly...is there a tell tale sign of a recent ring when someone is denying any romantic entanglements? That ring indention can hang around for awhile...as will a tan line.

No comments: