January 16, 2012

My identity

I have an online presence, as most people do. I have tried to limit my public exposure...keeping use of my real name to a minimum. Facebook is the one place where I use my name, instead of one of several nicknames. I recently considered changing that, mainly because I'm sending out resumes. I am fully aware that employers frequently "Google" prospective employees, along with Twitter, Facebook, etc. So, I sat and considered changing my name to something more...anonymous. Then I asked myself, why? I am not embarrassed by who I am or what I do. I'm not doing anything illegal. I use common sense...usually. I will admit, that in most people's opinion I have a few strange hobbies, but that is outside of work. It does not have anything to do with my ability to do a fine upstanding job. Look at it this way, I am well rounded. I am also well loved. I am generally happy. I am not changing for you or anybody else.

No comments: