November 06, 2011

An open letter to clothes manufacturers:

I am an adult woman. Middle-aged, I suppose. And probably considered plus-sized. Not that any of that should matter. I have a professional life and a play life. I don't want to dress like a teenager, but I'm not ready for the nursing home either. Which seems to be my choices...juniors or seniors, I mean, ladies/misses. I want clothes that are comfortable, stylish, affordable and durable. I used to have trouble finding pants long enough (I'm 5' 7"), now it's the shirts. I have a longer than usual torso, but I am not alone in this issue. I want shirts long enough that don't show my midriff every time I raise my arms. This has become a huge annoyance for me, especially at work. For the prices I pay, you'd think you could add a few extra inches of fabric to the bottom. And why can't I buy that cute shirt in a larger size? You sure cater to the XS crowd.

Signed, Adult sized and short shirted.

No comments: