September 10, 2011

wishes and wannabes

I just finished the book, A Discovery of Witches by Deborah Harkness. On the dust cover, it mentions that she writes an award winning blog on wine. I wish I knew enough about something that I could regularly write about it. Or, I suppose, hold a fascination and the means to pursue knowledge about something I love. My husband has said, that I know a little about everything and not a lot about anything. It is true. I hold certain things dear to my heart but none that I would claim to know so well as to advise others. Of late, I could write about the books I read, as I seem to have an abundance. But why would anyone care about my opinion? Books, like music, movies and food, are all very individualized. I can love a book, as I have, to have a friend not enjoy it at all...and vice versa. Oh well, I will continue writing about the only thing I know...me.

No comments: