August 07, 2011

Sitting in the dark

I stayed up late last night/this morning as I am terribly close to the end of an 800+ page book. It has been a good story but not an easy read as there are many characters.  I will admit that I also stopped in the middle of the book to read another book. As I found myself nearing the end, I wanted to push forward to finish it. I gave up and went to bed with about 40 pages remaining...a couple of the main characters potentially dead. I should not have bothered, as Mother Nature decided to put on a show and I feel like I've been awake most of the few hours I was in bed. I'm sitting here in the dark, because I haven't turned on the lights, and I can hear sirens on the highway...so something ugly has happened. I checked my tress when I first got up. I have a long standing fear of losing my trees...concern for both the large trees and the damage they would undoubtedly do. Living in a subdivision there isn't much room for them to go down without hitting something.

I have plans today...we'll see if I make my way through those last 40 pages.

No comments: