August 09, 2011

Dear creator of Angry Birds...

First and foremost...congratulations on creating virtual crack. I know a lot of addicts. I bought my Nook Color and it was the first app downloaded. I managed to wait a week. I am not yet addicted...playing to the exclusion of all else, but it could be a tricky tightrope.

Now I know my chances of the creators of Angry Birds, Finland-based Rovio Mobile, actually ever seeing my blog are about, um....I don't think I know what a number with that many zeros is called to about 1, but...

I have to ask...why am I launching birds, that can fly, from a slingshot? Wouldn't it have made more sense to fling pigs? Just sayin'. And, of course, there is that whole thing about, when pigs fly.

If you have never played this, I don't know whether to advise you to go or run. The picture on the right is a screen shot. The yellow bird is going to hit the wall in attempt for the wood to collapse and bring down the pigs.

From that description maybe a wolf would have been an excellent flying object. Except is isn't always wood...there is ice and rocks and stuff I haven't see yet. It's a puzzle with you launching a limited number of birds at each fortress trying to eliminate the pigs. A lighthearted fun game that can steal hours from your day before you even know it.

Congratulations again...and when you write Pigs Revenge, remember me...okay?

No comments: