March 03, 2009

Twilight

I just finished Twilight...498 pages in three days. It is an easy read. It is probably the first time I have ever read a book AFTER watching the movie. I know nobody is surprised, but the book is better. I was almost embarrassed about buying the book. I can't quite explain the emotion. I guess I just didn't want to be one of "those" people. I did enjoy the book...mostly. I will buy the second one and we'll see if I move on to the third and fourth. As you can tell, I have some issues with the book. It leans heavily toward romance, not something I normally read. Having seen the movie, I was not surprised. It was a challenge I was willing to take. The one thing I found truly annoying is Bella's neediness. I prefer my women stronger...and my vampires darker.

No comments: