August 06, 2014

Running my butt off...

along with a few other parts of me. It's been 10 weeks. I have lost 20 pounds! That is 70,000 calories...negative 1000 calories a day, without going hungry. This is not an ad for a diet plan. I did it the only way that seems to work long term...eat less, work more. I am eating a lot more fresh fruits and veggies. I am walking 3+ miles most nights. With the walking I do at work that is 5+ miles a day. It would be quicker, but I'm frequently lazy on the weekends.

My husband said to me, it might not always be this easy to lose two pounds a week. Easy? Where? I must have given him a look, because he granted that I was working hard. Unfortunately, there is some truth in what he says. The less you weigh, the less calories you burn in an activity.

Tonight, my husband offered me some chips, I turned the can around to look at the calories. I told him, that's a mile and a half on the treadmill. I think that's the secret, when you start associating the food you eat with the amount of work it costs to burn. Then you decide if it's worth the work.

No comments: