February 09, 2013

Manipulation of the masses

TV is the greatest manipulator. It's not just advertisements either. You know they are trying to sway you. But have you considered the shows you watch? It seems over the last few years everyone decided that stainless steel appliances and granite counter tops are necessities. Why? I think it's from watching home improvement shows...brought to you by companies that sell those products. Clothing manufacturers have manipulated us into buying new, each season, to be fashionable. Now our homes must be fashionable. I was actually quite proud when my son started looking to buy a home and hasn't once complained about the lack of granite counter tops...and he's just grateful that the homes have appliances.

Do I have stainless steel and granite in my home? No. Even after a total gut and remodel.

No comments: