January 19, 2013

Moments in time

I have been sitting here playing a mindless game, when I should really be sleeping. For some reason, this frees my mind to wander about...poking at memories. Good, bad or indifferent, I have a top 40 list of chart toppers. These memories often come to mind, unbidden, just pop up out of nowhere. Some are, what was I thinking, moments. A few of them are just unresolved. Many are warm and fuzzy. And, I guess, there are a few, what ifs and wished I had...or hadn't. I don't dwell there long, that may explain why some of them are unresolved, usually just a brief touching of the memory as I go about doing the mundane. But tonight, this morning...since it's 1 AM, I wondered if anybody else had those exact same memories that they turned over in their minds repeatedly. If, when our lives crossed paths, something happened that made both are subconscious sit up and pay attention. Do we share a moment in time?

No comments: