July 03, 2012

Tap, tap, tapping

I'm sitting here trying to relax. Tomorrow is a holiday, so no work. So I got comfy, cracked open a book on the Nook and kicked back. Unfortunately, I can't get my brain to focus exclusively on the book. The job change keeps knocking on my mental door. It shadows over everything. So much to consider. So little information. I can't change it, but I can't shake the worry...especially since everyone in the office frets about it daily. I really like my job, so I don't want to find something new. All I wanted was some stability. The unknown is the worse part....always is.

I had stopped writing but it seemed somehow unfinished. More tap, tap tapping at my mental door. One side of my brain trying to freak out. The other, rational side, saying, nothing to do. I am usually good at compartmentalizing but every now and then the obsessive gene clicks in. I want to do something. I want, need, some control. I have searched and searched the internet and every crook and nick that I can think of for information. I keep trying to be the one just sitting back and...it isn't working too well. 

Tap, tap, tap.

No comments: