July 24, 2010

Life

It seems I came close to losing my son today...again. And never even knew it. Got a call this afternoon that he'd been in a wreck and was taken to the hospital. We've been down this road a few times. When he called me, he was being his normal self complaining about how long it was taking for anybody to do anything. Another dry, dusty, well traveled road. He couldn't answer any of my questions...how, where, who. When I told him to calm down, he hung up on me. Well traveled road. I didn't go to the hospital. I guess I should have, but previous experience did not encourage me to do so. He eventually walked out, in paper scrubs. Then walked until he found a phone and called me. I picked him up near his work. He then tells me that he thinks his car rolled, then wrapped around a phone pole after being broadsided. He was ejected through the driver's window. He still has no idea where this occurred. I guess I should be glad that he could get up and walk out of the hospital...no matter how much I want to ring his neck for doing it.

No comments: