April 16, 2011

Old times

I ran into an old friend today. I hadn't seen him in forever. As soon as I said his name, he opened his arms to me.  He looked at my husband and said something along the lines of, "I'm going to steal a hug man, I knew her even before you did." He's right. We guess we met about the age of 13. I remember the where and how, just not the specific year. We were young. My Dad recognized him, in a weird sort of way...in the same way I have recognized my former classmates in their children. Our fathers had been school friends. The reunion led to many weekends spent together. We became a bit of extended family for a time. Then life got in the way as it often does. We stood around and caught up. Sad to hear how many people have been lost.

In memory of Roxy, Eddie and Tommy. I have found memories of our days at the lake. You've not been forgotten.

No comments: