April 04, 2011

Cancun

Just got home. A week in Cancun. We stayed here...













It was beautiful and warm. The world seems to consist of blue, white and green.






The only complaints were not really hotel or trip related...some people just don't know how to behave. I've decided against writing a normal blog entry, more just snap shots and moments that stuck in my mind.








This is Jamie (Yahmeh), he's a bartender...and tried to kill us. If the goal had been not to remember the vacation, he would have been a perfect companion.

They work 6 day weeks and I think some of them worked 12 hour days. The all inclusive resorts say you don't need to tip, but they are so very grateful for every single dollar.

Jamie was making $10-20 a day from us in tips. The other bartenders wanted to be our amigos too when they saw his tip jar.

He introduced us to Don Julio.




Tony Bennett may have left his heart in San Francisco...I left part of myself in Puerto Morales. We snorkeled the reef there. High waves, I got smacked into the reef, scraping my thigh. I'll not post that pic. At some point it occurs to you that you are swimming in open water while potentially bleeding.

After I got home I saw a reported shark attack off Cancun a couple of weeks prior to us being there. Comforting.

We spent some time at the beach...










This is me on the beach...self portrait.




This is "Fernando" on the beach.



and some time at the pool.



There was lots of laughing.

non-pollo









Ok...you really had to be there.





                                                        It was hard to say good-bye.


Lasting memories.












                                                                                           Happy familia.

No comments: