January 07, 2011

Birthday 2011

Yesterday, I turned 49. That means today, I start the march towards 50...364 days. My age does not bother me, it is irrelevant. The aches and pains of aging, however, are much harder to ignore. I really do feel the difference, not day to day, but about every 5 years I know I have become a little less agile. I find myself asking if I am "too old" for things. I assure myself that is society mentality. Why would I be too old to do things I enjoy? And, oh, how I can enjoy! I plan to celebrate over the next few days with friends...just an excuse to do what I always do, have a good time. So far this year, there have been no surprises...well, no big extravagant surprises, but after the last few years, I find myself on alert. My spidey sense is tingling. And if nothing is afoot, I will not be disappointed...but NEXT year...

 my 50th birthday will fall on a Friday.

Batten down the hatches, hoist the mainsail, hide your sons and daughters, 50 lashes...damn, got myself excited! Maybe I need to go sit in my rocking chair, this much excitement isn't good on an old girl.

Screw that.

2 comments:

Moonlight spark said...

We will be sure to mark the half century mark of you being on this planet with a celebration. This year was just kind of off. Sorry :(

Echo said...

No complaints from this side...other than illness and freak blizzards. I spent good times with better friends.