October 08, 2010

Mish mash...odd thoughts

Welcome Fall...even though the temperature gauge isn't yet cooperating with my idea of brisk Autumn days. I have started noticing the trees changing, just a hint. I dread Winter, but I do love Fall. It is a weird fashion time of year. The temperature changes from morning to day, so that you're never sure what to wear. I notice some women, like myself, hold onto their Summer clothes as long as possible, while other women seem eager to pull out the boots and sweaters. I often notice how overdressed they appear when noon time temps hit 80.

My oldest son came home yesterday bearing gifts. His work had thrown him an Uncle Chris baby shower in honor of his younger brother's son. What a surprise. Surprise number 2 came when the youngest sent a thank you note back. I guess they really have grown up.

I'm still missing some things...but I gained a toothbrush. I have recently found there are several items that seem to have vanished into thin air. (I wonder where that comes from?) Nothing of value. Nothing anybody would particularly want...except, of course, me. I have looked high and low. Then the other day I get into the trunk of my car...and find a toothbrush. Brand new. Still in the package. But I had not recently bought a toothbrush, nor was it the type I would have selected...as I am very picky about my toothbrush. So now, not only does it appear I have a poltergeist of my very own...he's playing swap. I wonder who found my red and black arm sleeves.

I hope it was a burly man.

No comments: