January 10, 2017

No Invitation

I did not get invited back to an event that I attended the previous year. It bothered me a lot, but probably not for the reasons you think. I was worried that an invitation was sent, that I did not receive. Therefore making it look rude that I had not responded. I was worried that I had said or done something to upset the host. A host I would not want to hurt. I was concerned that something had happened, that maybe I got blamed for. In other words I have been beating myself up. But the only way to solve the problem is to ask the host, putting her on the spot, which is rude. If she chose not to invite me, that is her prerogative. I just don't want it to be because I inadvertently offended. I won't be offensive trying to resolve the issue.

I'm stuck.

No comments: