February 10, 2015

Spirits...not the party variety

There has been a spirit trying to get my attention the past two days.

I don't think there has ever been a time in my life when I didn't believe in "ghosts." I say it that way, because people have varying opinions on what a ghost is. I have debated that myself. As I discovered, along the road of life, that my beliefs were in conflict with each other. How can there be ghosts, if you don't believe in an afterlife? It's all about words. I do not believe in heaven or hell. I do believe there exists, within the human form, something that can continue once the body has ceased. That something is the spirit, or ghosts, I have experienced all my life. This has also led to me to a stronger belief in reincarnation. I do not know why some spirits don't seem to find their way, and linger.

I work in a hospital. Not a place most people would think of being haunted. But if you think of the number of people that die in a hospital, would it be so surprising that spirits linger? I have encountered spirits in the hospital before. I have even been with another person that witnessed that same thing. A spirit passing along a hallway.

The last few days, my work has been interrupted a number of times, by someone stepping up beside me at my desk. You guessed it, when I turn and look, nobody is there. This has not ever happened in this office. I don't know why, in the last two days, this has occurred. Nothing special, or new, going on. Of course, I have no idea what has happened outside of my own little personal space.

So far, nobody has mentioned, noticing me turning to speak to thin air. I haven't mentioned seeing a shadowy form in my peripheral vision. I get enough odd looks. Being visited does not scare me. There have only been a few times, when I have felt discomfort, from a spirit. And fewer still, fear. I do wonder why they visit, why me? Is it something about my makeup that draws them, or something about it, that I sense what others do not? I do not hear them, so if there is a message...I'm not getting it. I can't decide if I am grateful or sad. Being repeatedly approached, I can't help but wonder...why?

No comments: