October 05, 2012

What you see

I can't speak for every woman over 50...

or over 40, for that fact.

I can only speak for myself, but I bet a lot of those women would agree with me.

What you see is totally different than how I feel.

You see where I am soft. You see a shape, that is out of shape. You see where I am slower. You see the lines on my face. You see me and think old.

I still feel desire. I still feel vibrant. I still feel alive.
I still want to party. I still want to celebrate. I still want to be loved.
I think I can keep up. I think I can participate. I think I can achieve.
I have not mellowed. I have not given up. I have not disappeared.

I am not always happy with what I see in the mirror. But in my head, I still have possibilities.

Don't dismiss me. I might surprise you.


No comments: