February 25, 2011

My horse of a different color

I drive an orange Mustang.  Grabber Orange according to Ford. It isn't a color everybody likes...but it grabbed my fancy the minute I saw it.


It's a little more orange than it looks in the picture. I find myself trying to find things to describe the color...Dial soap, school bus, road stripe, macaroni & cheese. Unfortunately, everyone knows those things are yellow. My car is orange.

A few months back, another orange Mustang showed up in the parking garage where I work. We kept crossing paths until I discovered that not only did we work at the same place and the same hours, but we live in the same neighborhood. We often find ourselves parallel parked adjacent to each other. I have seen people stop and take a double look. I was asked today if we knew each other...not prior to our unusual choice of color.


I have heard positive and negative comments. Not that it matters, I still like it as much as the day I bought it. My horse of a different color. My ray of sunshine on a cloudy day. 

No comments: